Views

Thursday, August 24, 2017

2017 Nationwide Eclipse Has Past


2017 Eclipse
You can see a plant to the left of the moon and sun.
The sky was dark yet it was still pretty light down on earth.


The August 2017 Solar Eclipse has past but another one is already schedule for  2024.  The comment that I mainly heard after the event was that it really did not get that dark, although we were not in the 100% but we were in one of the 14 states that it went through. The sky got dark but the ground was still pretty light.  When it was getting close the crickets did start chirping but quit after a  minute or two and they did not start chirping up when the moon started blocking the majority of the sun.  I really wanted to take pictures with my nice camera, but after researching it a bit , and found that might not be safe, I stuck with my phone.  It was a fun day. In America it seems we are always so busy, yet watching the event, which ranged a good two hours, was relaxing.  Many of the news channels showed kids and teachers just relaxing outside, many laying down on the grass.  I think that a side effect of the eclipse was just relaxing and not having to do anything.

The Sky Was Beginning to Get a Bit Dark
Funny this was the only time I heard the crickets chirp

My TV set was on and they were showing a bunch of disappointed viewer all gathered at a sports stadium who were about to miss the total eclipse as the clouds were covering the sun.  I could hear lots of disappointed groans and moans, and suddenly the clouds must have moved as I heard loud cheering from my TV set.  The excitement could be felt through the TV screen.  I will be honest, I am not sure where it was, thinking South Carolina, but please comment below if you were there or know where I might have been half listening from the other room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments! Thanks.....Mrs.O