Views

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Positive Thinking Day- September 13th

😀Positive Thinking Day

Yes there is a holiday for positive thinking and I missed it.  I think we get so busy that we don't realize home many things there are to be grateful for in our life.  My favorite beverage is water. Something I usually don't appreciate that until there is no clean water available.  Simple things like health, shelter and other necessities are things we take for granted.  Have you ever pulled a muscle and have trouble walking?  During dinner tonight have everyone say what little thing in life they could not live without.  I would hate to go without ice water and hot showers. Those are two things that I hope that I never have to give up.


🎭 TurnThat Frown Upside Down 🎭


You could add to the discussion to have everyone tell someone else one nice thing they appreciate about them.  You could even let your boss, co-worker, teacher or other person in your life know.  I know I cashiered for years never realizing how important that job was until I had to shop with kids in tow and the cashier was sometimes the only adult that said hi to me all week. I coach soccer and last week after our game I remind my players to thank their parents for driving them to their soccer game.

Smile😏 

Years ago when I was cashiering I thought that the customer was being rude and started to think those thought.  Found out that as she was leaving she was of to see her daughter's newborn child and to comfort her own daughter who had just lost her husband that week.  You never know what is going on in someone else's life. Your smile or kind remark might be the only one they get that day.  


Keep a Lookout For Great Opportunities👪


I remember the days my kids were young, I was not getting much sleep.  Not a lot of adult time.  My spouse worked a lot.  I would be shopping, or at the park or just trying to do the best job I could as a parent when IT would happen.  Not often but when IT happened, it made my day.  What was IT? Usually an elderly person, often a women, who would walk over when I had my rumbustious kids and I would be like "oh no".  And the person would say, "What a beautiful family you have." Nothing else could make a mom beam and smile from ear to ear like that.  I don't do it often but when I see a mom doing her best and looking like she is struggling a bit, I walk up to her and pass along that random act of kindness shared with me years ago.  "What a beautiful family you have."

I wish all my reader and their families a wonderful day! Smile, you don't know who is watching you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments! Thanks.....Mrs.O