Views

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Maker Space Idea- App Stop Motion Studio


Stop Motion Studio App logo from app store
I recently took my kids to a local art club that was having what I would call a great maker space day.  I will admit I really didn't have to help the kids too much on this project other than okay that they download the app.  We did find that wherever we went back to return to the main project page it would only save the frames that we had reviewed.  We discovered that the other frames where hidden and if we edited and viewed all frames then saved we could recover the video.  The girls just made a treasure chest out of a cardboard and then cut out two mermaids and colored them.  I can't remember what they used to make the jewel necklace.

  
Mermaids Find Treasure

This was their first movie where the characters were supplied.  It is very short and they were just learning how to use the app.  They really enjoyed learning how to use this app and making a movie.

Hug the Pet

I will say that the only thing a kid needs is a phone. My kid had a Windows phone and someone else had an IPhone and I am pretty sure there were a lot of android phones so this app can be download for all types of handheld devices.  They had Wi-Fi for the kids to use to download the app along with a few premade characters and some paper, pencils and cardboard.  This is a fun, creative, engaging activity that is very low budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments! Thanks.....Mrs.O